Chat GPT vs Google Bard AI: Google Unveiled “Bard” as Competition to ChatGPT AI. Recently, Google announced its AI chat service, Bard, which is a direct competition to AI’s Open Chat GPT. Bard is currently in the testing phase and will be released to the general public in the coming weeks. Let us see the difference between Google Bard and Chat GPT.
Google finally launched its AI technology Bard on 7th February 2023, Bard has been specially launched to compete with Open AI’s popular language model ChatGPT-3. Google CEO Sundar Pichai gave this information in an official blog post. He describes Bard as a conversational AI service that can do things like simplify difficult tasks apart from providing high-quality feedback.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has become an increasingly important tool in modern society, with an increasing number of organizations incorporating AI into their daily operations. AI technology is used in industries such as healthcare, finance, retail, and transportation to automate routine tasks, improve decision-making, and enhance customer experience. For example, while AI-powered chatbots have become a popular way for businesses to interact with customers, there are also language-based models that have replaced the way humans work. One such example is OpenAI’s Chat GPT, a powerful language-based model that has revolutionized the digital world since its inception.
GPT is used for writing emails, developing code, and doing assignments for other tasks. The ethical use of Chat GPT is under debate, however, with no firm conclusions.
Google unveiled Bard as competition to ChatGPT Ai
Table of Contents
Days after Chinese search engine Baidu revealed plans to roll out a ChatGPT-style chatbot, Google unveiled its own interactive AI tool, Bard. The tool will compete with OpenAI’s ChatGPT, which recently clocked 100 million users in just 2 months since it was made available for public testing. All of Bard’s capabilities are yet to be revealed and it is not yet known what Bard can do but it looks like this chatbot will be similar to OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
1/ In 2021, we shared next-gen language + conversation capabilities powered by our Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA). Coming soon: Bard, a new experimental conversational #GoogleAI service powered by LaMDA. https://t.co/cYo6iYdmQ1
— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) February 6, 2023
What is Chat GPT?
Chat GPT is a large-scale language generation model trained to generate human-like text. It can be fine-tuned for a variety of natural languages processing tasks, such as question answering, translation, and text summarization. GPT is known for its ability to generate coherent and contextually relevant text, but it can also be prone to generating biased or nonsensical text.
What is Google Bard?
Bard is an artificial intelligence chatbot from Google. It will work like ChatGPT, ie users will be able to use chatbot through conversation. The new chatbot is based on Google’s language model for conversational applications (Language Model for Conversational Applications or LaMDA). According to the company, this is the lite version of LaMDA. According to Google CEO Sundar Pichai, Bard has been rolled out to only a few users on a testing basis. However, Bard will soon be offered for public use as well.
Why Google Launched AI Bard??
Bard has been introduced for better user convenience. With Google’s chatbot, users can not only get difficult information in an easy language like before but also get fresh, high-quality, and accurate information. Google’s new chatbot has been developed and introduced in a very short time, so it can be seen as a competitor to ChatGPT.
Chat GPT vs Google Bard AI
Although Bard and Chat GPT are both language-based conversational AI models, there are significant differences in their design and intended use.
- Bard will get information from data and sources already available on the internet. While Chat GPT’s knowledge is limited to events up to 2021, Bard will have access to the latest date and will be able to provide more up-to-date information.
- Bard, in addition to being integrated with Google’s search engine, will have access to a lot of data, which will give it an edge over Chat GPT, which is backed by Microsoft.
- While Chat GPT is prone to provide some factual errors and fabricating content, Google’s Bard AI is believed to provide users with more accurate data.
- Thanks to Google’s vast data collection, Bard AI has an advantage over other AI platforms such as Chat GPT in terms of depth and range of information.
- Bard will be able to distill difficult topics into digestible, chitchat-worthy chunks. The goal is to spread knowledge more widely that is clear and can encourage learning among everyone, including children. Whereas, Chat GPT generates content in response to text prompts.
Will Bard be able to compete with ChatGPT Ai?
Google, known for its dominance in the search engine segment, has also announced the launch of an AI-based chatbot named Bard. This will inform users by finding the latest, high-quality answers and means Google’s latest AI tool can inform users about the latest happenings. ChatGPT usually gives correct information up to 2021 and has difficulty with the latest information as ChatGPT is trained on data up to 2021. Bard is powered by LaMDA (Language Model for Dialog Applications) developed by Google and is a convolutional neural language model.
Is #ChatGPT a threat to #Google? Come and find out with me. Each time, I will show you a question answered by #Google and #ChatGPT. Decide which answer you think is best. Let’s check out the winners at the end of this thread. ,
— 𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚔 𝚟𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚜𝚜 (@henkvaness) January 14, 2023
Google’s Chatbot Bard- Features
- Users will find a combination of power, intelligence, and creativity in Google’s chatbot Bard.
- Bard will collect information from users using AI feedback and the web.
- Google is initially introducing the AI system to testers with a lightweight model version of LaMDA.
- The future focus will be on collecting feedback through Bard to improve the AI system.
How to get access to Google’s new Bard?
When ChatGPT was unveiled, it was open to the public for testing and those interested could log onto OpenAI’s website and use the tool. However, that won’t be the case with Google’s new Bard. Since the tool is in the initial testing phase, the company is not yet releasing the tool for public use and only a select number of users will have access.